Kiss My Camera
WA Music Photography Competition
Free to enter and open to photographers of all levels, WAM's annual Kiss My Camera competition celebrates the valuable work of music photographers from across WA and shines a light on the incredible music moments captured over the last year.
This year's competition will see categories recognising Best Portrait/Press Shot of a WA Act and Best Live Photograph of a WA Act return. Plus, to provide opportunities for local photographers shooting larger scale music events, a new category has been added this year recognising Best Live Photograph of a Touring Act (any national/international act, as long as it’s shot in WA).
Shortlisted shots will again be on show for tens of thousands to enjoy, with the exhibition running on both the Perth Cultural Centre Screen and the Northbridge Piazza Screen, thanks to the Perth Cultural Centre and the City of Perth.
Aside from scoring heaps of valuable exposure, category winners will also take home a generous prize pack, thanks to our fantastic Kiss My Camera sponsors, including:
- A feature in scenestr magazine
- 1hr consultation with Sorrento Strategic Music for tax advice particularly relevant to photographers
- 8 hrs studio time at Huzzard Studios
- Sensor cleaning at Hartlands Camera Repairs
- 1 standard membership with PICA Art Addicts (1 year)
- 1 membership with Perth Centre for Photography (3 years)
- $100 to spend at Leederville Camera House
- 1 individual membership with WAM (1 year)
- 1 double pass for WAMCon 2018
- 1 media pass for all WAMFest 2018 events
- Plus, more to be announced!
Entries will be judged by an industry panel consisting of long-standing Perth music photographers Duncan Barnes and Chris O'Halloran, and renowned music journalist Bob Gordon.
Kiss My Camera 2018 is now closed. Winners will be revealed at the WAMAwards.
DIGITAL SCREENING TIMES
Special Screening @ Perth Cultural Centre Screen: 11am & 11pm Saturday 3 November
Perth Cultural Centre Screen: 8pm 15 October - 14 November (everyday except Fridays)
Northbridge Piazza Screen: 8pm 15 October - 14 November (everyday except Wednesdays)
Yagan Square Digital Tower: 29 October - 26 November
Friday 2 November - 11:50am (Best Press) | 1:43pm (Best Live) | 2:13pm (Best Press) | 8:08pm (Best Press)
Saturday 3 November - 4:13pm (Best Live) | 8:21pm (Best Live)
Sunday 4 November - 8:37am (Best Live) | 1:57pm (Best Live) | 8:24pm(Best Live) | 10:56pm (Best Press)
Paper Mountain: 5pm - 10pm Saturday 3 November