WAMFEST PRESENTED BY Act-Belong-Commit
PROUDLY SUPPORTED BY CITY OF PERTH & LOTTERYWEST
Now in its 25th year, WAMFest is WA’s favourite annual celebration of emerging homegrown artists, bands and producers. It holds a distinct and unique place in the global festival market as the largest of its kind anywhere in the world, celebrating and showcasing local artists. Spread across multiple weekends in October-November, WAMFest will see a series of outdoor performances, venue showcases, workshops, and industry events all centred around WA music.
Attracting an impressive 40,000 people, WAMFest 2017 blew the record books wide open. The expanded and reimagined festival brought 57 iconic local venues and public spaces to life over two weekends; with live music events running throughout regional WA and Perth-metro areas.
New festival coordinators Mark Neal and Simon ‘Skinny’ O’Leary took on dual programming roles and as a result substantially increased the number of local acts involved. A whopping 304 local acts (representing 1,145 musicians) showcased their talent at last year’s WAMFest Live events, and this year we hope to see even more.
Alongside WAMCon Coordinator Claire Hodgson and WAMAwards Coordinator Kate Branson, the ambitious festival producing pair are just as committed to creating opportunities for West Australian artists as ever. While we can’t reveal too much just yet, WAMFest 2018 is shaping up to be the biggest yet so better save these dates now!
THURSDAY 1 NOVEMBER
- WAMAwards: WA’s annual music night of nights, awarding and celebrating WA’s finest artists.
FRIDAY 2 NOVEMBER
- WAMCon: Day one at The State Theatre Centre of WA, Perth.
- Quay Note Boat Party: Exclusive VIP boat party on the Swan River.
- WAMFest Live Friday: WA music showcases with a focus on Perth city venues.
SATURDAY 3 NOVEMBER
- WAMCon: Day two at The State Theatre Centre of WA, Perth.
- WAMFest Live Saturday: A full day of free music events right across Northbridge, including the return of the Lot Party at Lot 10 South, adjacent to the newly completed Yagan Square.
Plus, a number of regional and local council events in the weeks leading up, to be revealed.